Saturday, April 18, 2009

Poem of the Week

All He is to me…

I the branch and He the Vine

How blest I feel to call Him Mine!


Almighty, Jehovah, Savior, and King

Omnipotent Maker of everything!


Father, Lord, Shepard, Friend

He is the Beginning and yet the End!


Merciful, Wonderful, Gracious, Kind

No better Master could I find!


The Way, The Truth, The Light also

Where His footsteps lead, there I will go!


Great Prophet, Great Priest, The Great I AM

As bold as a Lion, as meek as a Lamb!


The Dryer of Tears, our burdens He’ll bear

Don’t doubt His strength, just cast your care!


Emmanuel’s blood, so rich, was spilt

Upon those drops my life is built!


He is so many things to me

The Awesome God that set me free!


Cleanser of Sin, Forgiver of Wrong

My Continual Happiness all the day long!


With a yoke so easy, a burden so light

A Word to guide me day and night,


This Blessed Christ is my Hope and Stay

To Him I’ll cling and never sway!


By: Allix Brunson

In the wee early hours of Saturday, April 18, 2009

3 comments:

Rachel Greene said...

So good!

Unknown said...

wonderful Allix! Great job!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing poem, Allix!