Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Adoption

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. -John 8:44

I was born into this world as the daughter of a father. A father that cared nothing for me but only wished to use me as a weapon against his Enemy. 
And for many years I was that weapon
I served my father Satan and ran as far away from God as I could. 
I loved my sin because my father loved his sin.
I disobeyed all of God's commandments and disregarded His holiness. Satan was my haven of rest and it took me many years to notice that my haven was actually a pit. A pit of despair, and wickedness, evil deeds, and misery. When I finally realized I was in that dark pit all alone I felt hopeless. No one would care for a pitiful, abandoned sinner that was left here to be swallowed up by my own transgressions.
But Someone did care.
He cared infinitely more than my first father ever could or would have. He was the Only One able or willing to pull me out of that pit and make me
His own.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 
-Romans 5:8

I have a new Father now. The Lord adopted me and now I am a new creature. I have been given a new name and a new heart. He made me His child because He loved me more than the Devil ever did. It is so wonderful to know that my new Father has once and for all conquered my first father.
I was once a child of the Father of Lies.
Now I am a child of the Father of Truth.
My first father is the King of Hell.
My new Father is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and reigns forever in Heaven.
My first father could give me nothing but temptation and doubt.
My new Father has given me His Son, and an incorruptible robe of righteousness!
My first father is the defeated.
My Father is the Conquerer!
My first father only dreams of being as Magnificent, Lovely, and Powerful as my Father is. 


For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. -2 Corinthians 5:21
But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. -Galatians 3:25-26

As an adopted child I can never be disowned. I have the assurance of an inheritance. I have a family that has the same goal and purpose which is to serve our Father. 
And I have a home. 


The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. -Revelation 3:21


I don't have to worry about that pit anymore. Even when I feel like I'm falling into it again, I realize that it isn't a pit of despair, and wickedness, evil deeds, and misery; its the hollow of my Father's hand where I am forever safe and loved. He will never let me fall.

We are the saints
We are the children
We've been Redeemed
We've been Forgiven
We are the sons and the daughters of our God!

1 comment:

Rachel Greene said...

Allix, that was wonderful. It's incredible what God has done for us!!! Thank you SO much for sharing!