Thursday, November 1, 2012

What a Privilege

What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer
Wait, please stop, I think there was
A word you might have missed in there

We sing it all the time and yet
Are we truly taking time to see?
Perhaps we should rewind a bit
If you skimmed past that word like me

That word is privilege, see it now?
It eludes me time and time again
I let it slip right through the grips
Of my easily distracted brain

The blood Christ spilt on my behalf
I disregard too oft I fear
He didn’t begrudgingly mount the cross
But with joy He willingly died for me there

With overwhelming love He bought
My salvation with His sacrifice
And I convince myself with lies
That a prayer without fervor will suffice

He is the Mediator between us and God
Without His death, there would be no way
For us to ascend to the throne of grace
Yet we have the audacity to forget to pray

 Lord, grant me the purpose and joy you felt
When, covering my sins, you died for me there
And Lord, remind me it’s a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer


©By: Allix Ryan Brunson 11/1/12

1 comment:

Hannah K. said...

Well done, Allix! It's beautiful!