Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Be still...

As some of you know...my dearest Mama is going to have surgery tomorrow. (She is going to have her tubes reversed. PTL!!) I have been battling with anxiousness and fear for her. It is 1 out of 1,000,000 chance of death but our human nature still causes us to fear at the slightest chance of the human's greatest trial called Jordan. Today I have been praying so hard for her and the doctors and as He often does, God gave me the sudden comforting thought from the song Trust and Obey. I was inspired to write this poem about our attitude during prayer. Enjoy....LOVE YOU MAMA!!

~Allix~

Be still…

Sometimes we’re restless, scared, and lost
And we don’t know what to do
We pray but He gives no answer
Right when we want Him to

Patience is too hard, we say
Why should we have to wait?
Maybe that’s why patience
Is such an unknown trait

We’ve done our part; it’s your turn God
We point fingers, pout, and blame
As if praying and God answering
Is some sort of child’s game

But God can also argue this
“Ye who prays, you did not trust
You blamed Me for all your problems
I who created you from dust

I who formed you in your mother’s womb
You question Me with ‘Why?’
‘When will you, God?’ or better yet
‘Why should I even try?’

‘It’s just not fair!’ we often yell
How could You be so mean!
I’ve been faithful and I prayed to You
And silent You have been!

Why do we ask such silly things?
To one who deserves great laud!
We need no other answer but
Be still and know that I am God…


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rachel Greene said...

I love what you said about what John said about Christ!

Hannah Leigh said...

What a lovely post! Thanks so much for e-mailing me, that was sweet of you. :) I love your blog, it's absolutely gorgeous. I hope that your mother is well soon, I will be praying for her. Anyway, I got here from the link in the e-mail. Thanks!

In Christ,
~Rose

Rachel Greene said...

HAHAHA! I didn't mean to put that comment earlier on this post; I meant to put it on the previous post. Sorry :D

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to the blog sooner, I didn't know how to get on, but then I saw the link from Rachel's. : ) Great poem again! Allix you are so blessed to be able to do this. Love you!